Pretoria – Sun City – Drakensberg Mountains – Durban – Swaziland – Pretoria
An Exciting 9-Day Mixture of Golf and Scenic Beauty + Non-Golfing Activities
Fixed Dates in February, March, October or November
ABOUT GOLFING IN SOUTH AFRICA:
Over the past couple of decades South Africa has emerged as an international golfers’ paradise. It has some of the best golf courses in the world each in their own unique setting. There are more than 500 golf courses, with some fairways overlooking the ocean or surrounded by majestic mountain ranges, some with wildlife wandering around and even an extreme golf course – golf lovers are spoiled for fabulous places to play when it comes to favourite golf courses in South Africa.
Rovos Rail has designed a thrilling escape into a nine-day memorable golfing journey to entertain golfers while they experience and appreciate various golf courses. At all locations, there are optional tours to entertain the non-playing guests. In addition to the golfing gear carry binoculars and a camera, in order to be believed when narrating experiences!
WHY TAKE THE GOLF SAFARI RAIL TRIP?
• It’s a great way to keep fit and boost health while having fun in different environments
• An opportunity to enjoy holiday treats, while unwinding in fresh air, walking and sightseeing
• Gyms and spas at the various golf – holiday resorts are great tools to improve player’s skills
• To entertain Golf players to different challenging golfing experiences
• Offers optional programs for non-playing guests
• The Trip is relaxing and educative about various Golf destinations
• Meet and Share with new friends
• It’s a personalised service to golfers
• Taking golf holidays is a creative way to enjoy the game.
• GOLF COURSES: Leopard Creek, Royal Swazi, Durban Country Club, Champagne Sports Resort and Sun City Lost City
• Pretoria – Jacaranda City
• Pilanesberg Mountain Range
• The Lost City at Sun City
• Battlefields tour
• Drakensberg Mountain Range
• Hluhluwe Game Reserve
• Mkhaya Game Reserve
• Guava Gallery
• Ngwenya Glass Factory
• Kruger Park game drive
Day 1: Travel by air Entebbe to Johannesburg, overnight in a 5 star hotel.
11h30 Depart Rovos Rail Station in Pretoria and travel to Rustenburg for overnight stop. Day at leisure on the train. (Lunch 13h00 • Tea 16h30 • Dinner 19h30)
Golfers: Morning tee off at Lost City or Gary Player Country Club.
Non-golfers: 09h00 Game drive in Pilanesberg Game Reserve. Explore the Lost City followed by lunch at the club.
19h30 Dinner on board en route to Heidelberg.
All meals enjoyed on board en route to Estcourt via Ladysmith. Day at leisure on the train.
Golfers: Morning tee off at Champagne Sports Resort.
Non-golfers: 09h00 Enjoy a professional tour of the battlefields with lunch at Spionkop Lodge followed by shopping. Depart for Durban.
Golfers: Morning tee off at Durban Country Club/Beachwood.
Non-golfers: 09h00 Disembark for a city tour of Durban followed by lunch with the golfers at the Durban Country Club.
06h00 Game drive in the Hluhluwe Game Reserve.
11h00 Brunch as the train departs for Mpaka, Swaziland.
Golfers: Morning tee off at the Royal Swazi Sun.
Non-golfers: 08h00 Game drive in Mkhaya Reserve. Visit Ngwenya Glass with restaurant lunch and shopping.
18h00 The train departs for Malelane in South Africa.
Golfers: Morning tee off at Leopard Creek (dependent) on the Crocodile River.
Non-golfers: 08h00 Game drive in the Kruger Park followed by lunch at Buhala Lodge and curio shopping.
19h30 Enjoy dinner on board as the train travels to Witbank for the overnight stop.
07h00 Enjoy breakfast as the train departs for Pretoria.
10h00 Arrive at journey’s end at Rovos Rail Station.
Transfer to Johannesburg Airport for your flight back home – to Entebbe.
PRICE: FROM US DOLLARS 5,900 Per Person Sharing in a Pullman Suite
• Air Ticket Economy Class including taxes
• Visa for South Africa
• 1 night Accommodation in Johannesburg – 5 star hotel, including breakfast
• 8 Nights Accommodation on Rovos Rail (Pullman Suite) including all meals Breakfast 07:00-10:00 AM, Lunch 01:00 PM, High Tea 04:00 PM, Dinner 07:30 PM.
• Golf activities including green fees, carts, and beverages
• Excursions during the Train journey, accompanied by qualified tour guides
• Alcoholic beverages while on the train.
• Arrival and departure Airport transfers while in South Africa
• Travel Insurance
• Telephone Expenses
• Personal Expenses
• Meals other than stated in the itinerary
• Alcoholic drinks except while on the train
• Anything not specified under “included”
TO BOOK PLEASE CONTACT:
Uganda Holiday and Business Solutions
Plot 923, Makerere Hill Road
Ham Towers 3rd Floor, Kampala, Uganda. (Opposite Makerere Main Gate)
Mobile: 0772 480931, 0706318519